- Location: Doncaster East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
The volunteer will be required to attend each Tuesday afternoon between 1 pm and 4 pm.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
Induction training and on the job training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Qualifications in the fields of pastoral care, healthcare, community services are desirable. Students undertaking studies in the areas of pastoral care, healthcare, community services will be considered.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Salvation Army Manningham provides an emergency welfare service to residents of Manningham who are experiencing many of life's difficulties. Many of our clients' situations are complicated by loneliness, social isolation, unemployment and various physical and mental health issues.
These clients are interviewed and the Salvation Army has some limited resources to help alleviate hardship. An assistant is required to help the client interviewer in the following areas:
- Greet clients as they present to our Centre
- Help fill out registration forms, filing
- Assist in providing food items from our dry pantry, vouchers etc,
- Generally engage in helpful conversation
- Help communicate with clients. Good language skills are important.
- Assist with administration.
Training is available This position requires a regular weekly commitment, ideally for a period of at least 6 - 12 months.