- Location: Earlwood NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
6-15 hours per month and Tuesdays after 6pm once per month
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
Induction, Opportunity to be attend regular training. Upcoming training includes NDIS and upcoming issues in the aged care sector.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This is a community based organisation that provides a range of services for the residents of Earlwood and surrounding suburbs. They function independently from the Council and receive funding from a variety of sources to provide community based programs and activities; social research and planning; service development and delivery and community information, education and advocacy.
They are currently looking for volunteer Board Members to compliment the existing Board of Directors. Skills required are Finance, Marketing and Legal.
The responsibilities of the volunteer Board Member include:
- fundraising or sponsorship or marketing and events in particular, plus
- meeting the requirements specified in the constitution and the NSW Companies Act, 1961;
- managing any services provided, including the management of staff;
- meeting any requirements of funding agreements;
- making sure that membership and community support of the organisation is maintained;
- ensuring that the policies and procedures as set down by the Board are followed.
- assist the President, Secretary or Treasurer in undertaking their duties;
- act as a spokesperson when requested by the Board;
- manage and support staff when requested by the Board;
- be a member of and/or chair sub-Committees/task groups as required;
- sign letters or documents on behalf of CECAL as required;
- compliance with the Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement and the Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Opportunity to contribute to building a responsive Community Centre service that meets best practice, is actively engaged with and Canterbury community and embraces diversity and meets a range of community needs.