- Location: Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Time required both during planning and at camps. Camps are run in school holidays and on weekends.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- People with disability
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
Introduction to the program, WH&S, first aid, advanced training throughout the year
All camp expenses are covered
- Working with Children Check *
- Experience in working with children and young people
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with your peers and program participants
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Has consideration and respect for others and their views
- Adapts to changing environments and demands
- Enthusiastic and energetic
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The St Vincent de Paul Society runs two youth recreation and respite programs in the ACT. The St Joe’s Youth Program is for disadvantaged children aged 6-12 years. The St Nick’s Young Carers Program is for young people aged 9-15 years who care for a family member with an illness or a disability. This Invaluable program was awarded the 2014 ACT Volunteer Team of The Year. The programs allow young people the opportunity to have a much-needed holiday and to get a break from their home situation. Camp Staff are required to assist in the planning, supervision and facilitation of 5 day school holiday camps and half day weekend activities for these programs throughout the year. Each camp will be staffed by two Camp Leaders and between 7 and 20 Camp Staff depending on the number of participants. All appropriate training will be provided. Tasks include: • Assist Camp Leaders with the facilitation of the camp program for a 5 day camp • Help Camp Leaders to implement the camp theme, activities and schedule for camp • Work as a team with the Camp Leaders and other Camp Staff • Liaise with the Camp Leaders to organise the logistics of a camp • Communicate with Camp Leaders in the lead up to a camp • Supervise program participants through the camp/activity and ensure that duty of care requirements are met for all program participants and volunteers • Compliance with organisational policies and procedures, legislation, Health, Safety, environment and diversity and a commitment to quality systems and continuous improvement. • Other duties as required
You must be 17 years and over to volunteer for youth camps
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.