- Location: Darwin NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Flexible but minimum 1 hour per fortnight.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction plus regular meetings/offers of training, regular follow up support.
Yes (for Police check and kilometres)
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Visiting a socially isolated person in an aged care setting or their own home, providing friendship and re-connection with the local community. Could simply be having a chat, or going to a football game, out for coffee, a drive – anything you and the person feel comfortable with and are competent to achieve.
- Police Check
- Ochre Card
- Be caring and have a compassionate nature & a willingness to listen