- Location: Park Grove TAS
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Young People
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Companionship & Social Support
- National Police Certificate *
Patience and the ability to work with the relevant age groups
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
PROUD MEMBERS OF VOLUNTEERING TASMANIA
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Burnie Scout Group caters for boys and girls aged between 6 and 14 years of age.
There are three sections in the group being Joeys, Cubs and Scouts.
The Aim of Scouting is to encourage the physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and character development of young people so that they take a constructive place in society as a member of their local, national and international community.
We endeavour to achieve this through -
• The provision of a wide range of attractive, constructive and challenging activities, including opportunities for adventure and exploration, both indoors and outdoors;
• The provision of opportunities for leadership and responsibility;
• Learning by doing;
• Encouragement of activities in small groups;
• An award scheme that encourages participation in the full range of activities and provides recognition of individual achievements.
We meet on a weekly basis and will often have overlapping functions between sections to encourage interaction between the different age groups.
Most importantly, we make it fun!