- Location: Carrum Downs VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Minimum 1 hr, 3-4 times per month
Type of work
- Tutoring & Coaching
Training on relevant topics and updated policies
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Mentors come from all walks of life with a wide variety of interests and experiences, no formal qualifications are required. Any training required will be provided as part of screening.
The young person gains:
(1) The opportunity to develop a significant friendship with an older mentor
(2) A positive and safe environment to promote personal growth and good self esteem
(3) The opportunity to participate in a variety of different activities to grow socially and emotionally
(4) Care by professional staff and trained people who model positive, responsible behaviour
Successful applicants will
(1) Be able to participate in volunteer training on relevant topics and policies
(2) Be fully supported by a TRY Mentoring Coordinator for the duration of the match
(3) Be able to participate in a wide range of group activities with other matches
National Police Check payable by Agency
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Unique Youth Mentoring Program that provides young people aged 7 to 20 years throughout Melbourne with a caring adult mentor in their lives - someone to confide in and look up to. The program is based on the simplicity and power of friendship. It matches vulnerable young people with an adult who can be both a role model and a supportive friend. People commit to spending three to four hours a month with their mentee for 12 months.