- Location: Mandurah WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Drug & Alcohol Services
The service operates 7 days per week from 8am until 10pm. The volunteer would work a 5 hour shift once a week within those times.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Companionship & Social Support
There will be initial and ongoing training.
Reimbursement for eg outgoing telephone call, parking at work-related venues.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* VOLUNTEERS MUST BE PARENTS TO CHILDREN WITH ALCOHOL & DRUG ISSUES *
To have experienced a problematic alcohol and drug using child of any age, past or present. Empathy, good listening skills and a willingness to train up to enhance personal experience. A police check is required and will be paid for by the agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- VOLUNTEERS MUST BE PARENTS TO CHILDREN WITH ALCOHOL & DRUG ISSUES * With the lived experience of supporting your own child (teenager or adult) through the rigours of substance misuse and with the desire to support other parents going though similar challenges with their children, you will use active listening skills to support, talk through options and offer hope to parents calling the State-wide Parent and Family Drug Support Line. You will work from home with calls being transferred to your home phone number. Your number will not be made public and callers will not know your number. You will be non-judgemental, willing to commit to travelling to Perth one evening in every 6 for supervision and willing to attend an initial training event. This position does not meet the requirements of a work placement and it is a prerequisite that you are the parent of a substance user as our service is a peer service. There is opportunity to facilitate support groups and to provide the voice of the family and caregiver at various community events and programs. We particularly encourage Aboriginal parents/grandparents and those who can provide cover during office hours to apply.