- Location: Wanniassa ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Recreation
Family Daycare Playgroups run from various sites both North and South of Canberra from 9:30 am – 11:30 am (school term only). Volunteers are required to arrive 30 minutes prior to the group beginning and stay for 15 minutes after it finishes assisting with set up and packing down. Melba - Mondays Odd Weeks (school term weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) Wanniassa - Tuesdays and Fridays every week Chisholm - Thursdays every week
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Music & Entertainment
Organisation Induction and Program Orientation
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to engage with children and adults
• Experienced and comfortable with children
• Strong people, communication and listening skills
• Sound understanding of boundaries and confidentiality
• Create small learning environments for children
• Empathetic, caring and unprejudiced
• Confident, friendly and non-judgmental
• A willingness to work under supervision and direction
• Able to interact with Communities @ Work’s team members and stakeholders in a friendly, helpful and respectful manner
• Willing to accept Communities @ Work’s core vision, mission and values, and represent the organisation within the framework
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Family Day Care (FDC) playgroups provide an opportunity for children and educators within our FDC scheme to come together socially and enjoy activities that are facilitated by a playgroup leader. The group provides a variety of exciting and interactive activities for children from birth to five.
Duties include assisting with set-up and pack-down, greeting members upon arrival, engaging in conversation with children and educators.