- Location: Kogarah NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
7.30am-11.30am/10am-1pm/3pm-6pm (3-4 hour shifts). Flexible over 7 days. 3-8 hours per week.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Initial training programme - one day (Wed) per week for 4 weeks. . . This is compulsory for all volunteers. Various roles within the hospital are available until the next training session.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Buddies work alongside nursing staff with various duties eg. Making beds, assisting with meals, massage and assisting transport to the gym, etc. Volunteer only performs tasks they are comfortable with. Co-ordinator can find other duties for volunteer whilst waiting for training.
Volunteers will have the ability to accept and respect a person religious/cultural beliefs and to accept guidance and direction. Be flexible, committed and reliable. Due to the nature of this role, the organization would prefer that volunteers are able to make a long term commitment to this position. Minimum age 20.
Initial training program - one day (Wed) per week for 4 weeks. This is compulsory for all volunteers. Various roles within the hospital are available until the next training session.
Criminal Record checks and references are a mandatory requirement for all staff and volunteers working in the Health System.
- People who volunteer with this organisation are always saying they receive more than they give.
- Volunteers work as part of a team and are committed to providing an excellence of care to their patients and families.
- Volunteers have the opportunity of developing wonderfull friendships with fellow volunteers.
- The organisation values the contribution made by volunteers and provides opportunities for ongoing support, education and personal development.