- Location: Redfern NSW, Marsfield NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
At least 1 hour per fortnight.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Translating & Interpreting
Initial and ongoing training provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteer to visit and converse with a designated resident in an aged care facility on a one-to-one basis, at least once a fortnight or a minimum of 20 visits per year. Your visit will improve their quality of life through friendship and companionship. The volunteer will need to provide a record of visits to the co-ordinator every three months and inform the co-ordinator if experiencing any difficulties or accidents. The volunteer must be able to converse fluently with the resident in their native language.
- make new friendships
- help brighten the day of an older member of your community