- Location: Gungahlin ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Every Thursday of school term from 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Companionship & Social Support
2 hour induction training
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working with children
• Able to relate well to young people
Working with Vulnerable People Card (WwVP) - Free for volunteers
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Research tells us that offering learning opportunities outside of school hours is one way to improve the learning success of students and positively influence educational and personal outcomes. Students from low socio-economic backgrounds are more likely to be disadvantaged in the education system, which can result in poor educational outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to assist students with the educational support required to encourage motivation and success at school.
Learning Club Tutors support the educational development of students in an after-school-hours classroom environment. This is done through assisting students with homework tasks and structured activities, using materials provided by The Smith Family. As a volunteer tutor, you will be supporting students in their educational and personal development.
Training is provided to ensure all new volunteers feel confident and equipped for their tutoring role.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.