- Location: Kooyong VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1 hour duration on a set day and time
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
Volunteer Induction Training Specific Role Training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
• Home-based volunteering opportunity
Telelink is a regular on going telephone based group program that is delivered via teleconference. It provides social and peer support, special interest and recreation activities.
We have positions available for volunteers to facilitate discussion groups via telephone in the following topics:
- Spanish Social – weekly Tuesday 10:30am
- Polish Social – fortnightly
- Gardening– weekly Wednesday 4pm
- RP Support - weekly Thursday 3pm
So if you have an hour a week to run one of these groups, please let us know.
Skills and Requirements •Clear speaking voice •High level of interpersonal skills •Excellent listening and conversation skills •High level of relevant language other than English for relevant Telelinks •Ability to encourage, support and keep participants on topic •Ability to work independently •Landline or mobile connection