- Location: Tallebudgera QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
8am to 12 noon Friday & Saturday during Queensland School term
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
Training will be provided
- Working with Children Check *
Youths 14 years and over may apply - parental permission required.
8am to 12 noon Friday & Saturday during Queensland School term only
Adults must hold a QLD Working with Children card. If you don't have one - ValleyRDA will organise and pay
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Collecting horses from paddock, assisting in grooming and saddling up our beautiful horses
- Leading or side walking with our special riders
- Support riders to improve their riding skills
- A variety of other valuable tasks are available eg: housekeeping, ground maintenance, supporting riders pre ride.
- Ability to work as a team member and take direction is essential
The rewards are assisting disabled riders towards reaching their full potential, working with beautiful horses and ponies, enjoying becoming a team member with like- minded volunteers. Previous experience with horses is fantastic, but not essential as training is provided.