- Location: Greenway ACT, Gungahlin ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
The Connections Program is conducted Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am - 12:30pm at the Tuggeranong Hub located right next to the bus interchange. The Teens After School Care Program is conducted Monday – Friday from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm during school term, from both Tuggeranong Hub and Gungahlin Community Centre The Young Adults Program is conducted Monday – Friday, from Gungahlin Community Centre.
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Organisation Induction and Program Orientation
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Practical skills such as simple healthy cooking, art, craft, computing, gardening, and woodwork.
- Strong communication and people skills
Qualities & Attitudes:
- Ability to relate to people with a disability in a friendly, and caring manner.
- Ability to contribute to an effective team environment.
- Ability to get along with people of different cultural, financial and social backgrounds.
- Ability to interact with and support the program’s team members in a friendly, helpful, respectful, and caring manner.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you have skills and interests in a variety of activities such as arts, crafts and computing? Do you enjoy physical activities like walking, yoga and dance?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of people with a variety of disabilities?
Our Lifestyle Services Program is an activities based program for teens, young adults and adults with disabilities and we are looking for volunteers to give their time and have fun in the process!