- Location: Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Wednesdays from 8.30am to 4.30pm. Must be available every week.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
On the job training provided.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
The St Vincent de Paul Society's 40,000 members and volunteers work hard to assist people in need and combat social injustice across Australia.
By volunteering you can make a real difference to people in need of assistance.
For some Vinnies’ volunteers, this is a chance to give something back to the community and to use their skills and experience in ways that make a difference in the lives of people who need their help. For others, it is a chance to learn new skills and to get experience in a supportive team environment.
We are looking for suitable Administration Assistant Volunteers. This role involves:
- Taking calls from people needing assistance.
- Taking donation calls from the public.
- Data entry and other general administrative tasks.
- Enthusiastic, positive disposition with a desire to help others.
- Competent in the use of spreadsheets, databases, emails and word processing.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage calls from people in hardship and people wanting to donate.
- Ability to engage with and support other areas of the Society.
- Good data entry skills.
- National Police Certificate