- Location: Waterloo NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
The role requires a minimum commitment of one 4-5 hour shift per month on Friday and Saturday nights.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Driving & Transportation
Induction program provided along with ongoing and continued support.
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers are sought to join a team of Streetbeat Drivers to transport young people home safely on Friday and Saturday nights between the hours of 9.00pm and 2.00am. The Streetbeat bus operates primarily in the city and Inner West areas.
The role involves assisting the Driver collecting and dropping off the young people, manage them whilst they are passengers on the bus and help in managing the calls for pick-ups coming in. Referrals to other programs and/or services can be made as required.
Building rapport with the young people accessing the bus is important so they feel safe and comfortable to enquire about additional and on going support they may need.
The minimum age is 18.
- Volunteering on the Streetbeat bus provides you with an opportunity to connect to and engage with the young people living in the City of Sydney and beyond.
- It is a fun, meaningful and rewarding experience and this is best reflected in the lengthy involvement and commitment to the program of most members of the team.