- Location: Dalkeith WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Once a week on Tuesdays- 10am to 3pm.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
City induction with ongoing support as required. Online COVID Infectious Disease Control Certificate
- National Police Certificate *
- Must be kind, compassionate, patient and have good listening skills.
- Understand emergency procedures to ensure personal and client safety.
- Teamwork and flexibity essential.
- Willing to complete the online COVID Infectious Disease Control Certificate (approx. 25 minutes to complete).
- It is desirable if you have had the Flu vaccine.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a Waratah Club Activities Assistant you will assist in the provision of socially stimulating activities for clients attending the Waratah Club Day Centre. These activities will include board games, crafts, cards and outings such as going to the Cinema. During Waratah Club outings you will assist the clients on and off the bus, help with meals and engage with clients during trips. Assistance in meeting the COVID 19 phase 4 guidelines (social distancing, hygiene and infectious control measures) will also be a part of the role. You will work as part of a team in a lively and enjoyable environment led by an experienced Volunteer Supervisor.