- Location: Victoria Park WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
During business hours – times and days are negotiable
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
- Trades & Maintenance
On the job specific
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Heavy Lifting
- National Police Certificate *
1. Police Clearance dated within the last six months (If the candidate does not possess one, it can be applied for by VisAbility during the volunteer application process)
2. Ability to undertake general gardening maintenance tasks (akin to domestic in nature)
3. Skills and physical ability to safely and competently use gardening tools and equipment e.g. ladders, pruners, clippers etc.
4. Ability to work without supervision
5. Ability to work flexibly around the requirements of staff use of the grounds
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a volunteer you will: Assist the Maintenance Officer keep the grounds in a tidy and presentable condition.
Under instruction carry out general tasks such as cleaning, sweeping, weeding, clipping, and pruning to ensure clean and tidy grounds with well-groomed gardens.
What we look for in our volunteers
- Genuine interest and a passion for volunteering
- Commitment to our cause
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Good Judgement – knowing the difference between right and wrong, good and bad
- Reliability – willing to devote a set amount of time regularly and be punctual
- Empathy – ability to understand the plight of a particular person or situation without being judgemental
- Good communication and interpersonal skills– positive and respectful interaction with everyone
- Self-assurance – able to take constructive criticism on board to improve skills and ability to help others
- Adaptability to cope with change and a busy workplace
- Ability to convey the organisation’s message to groups and individuals