- Location: Raymond Terrace NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
4-8 hours per week at weekends
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Excellent opportunity working with horses and assist disabled persons. Suit patient person who has a few spare hours on Saturdays. 126 persons aged from 3-65 yrs ride/carriage drive weekly. Assist with the riding program for disabled, by preparing and leading horses and walking alongside. Aim of the program is to introduce people with disabilities to the often life changing benefits of enjoyable, lifelong sporting and recreational and/or competitive horse related activites. Some even go onto competititive dressage, mounted games and wheelchair cart driving. Also opportunity for fundraising.
Experience enjoyment, challenge and a sense of achievement as a result of the development of life skills for the disabled (mainly children), improving their quality of life and attainment of personal goals.
Should speak intermediate level of English.