- Location: Across: Crows Nest NSW, North Sydney NSW, Cremorne NSW, Mosman NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Wednesday or Thursday weekly, fortnightly or monthly 9-11.30am
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction and on the job training. Volunteers work in pairs so there will be a more experienced volunteer who can help you.
Petrol reimbursement available
- Driver's Licence (C)
We are seeking friendly and reliable volunteers to assist an older person, or someone with a disability, in changing their sheets and making their bed. This is an essential service to enable them to live independently in their own home. It is also a great time to have a chat and check in on the clients, many of whom have said that without this vital service they would not have been able to continue to live in their own homes.
All volunteers go out to visit clients in pairs and get to know each other as well as the clients they are working with. We especially need drivers with their own car (petrol reimbursed) to continue this service, although we also welcome anyone volunteering as an assistant to an existing driver.
A reasonable level of fitness is required as you will be required to change and make a number of beds. All linen is commercially laundered. Time commitment is flexible and can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Gain satisfaction of providing an essential service to enable clients to stay in their homes and helping others..
- Work in a team, meet people and make new friendships.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical activity and contribute to general well-being of the community.
- Gain satisfaction from engaging with the community and an understanding of just how important this service is and how much it is appreciated.
- Petrol Allowance is provided for Drivers.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.