- Location: Across: Banyule VIC, Docklands VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Canberra ACT, Sydney Domestic Airport NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Structuring and negotiating new business deals to the best commercial advantage of the organisation. • Providing commercial advice and support to the management team and contributing to senior management decision making. • Drafting contractual terms and contracts, as well as monitoring and ensuring the successful delivery of business in accordance with the contractual terms. • Making recommendations for profit improvement strategies and reviewing the viability and appropriateness of capital expenditure/business plans. • Assisting with the development of innovative commercial business solutions in line with corporate financial targets and requirements. • Providing ad-hoc financial reporting to the management team. • Leading and mentoring the Commercial team.
Key skills • Strong commercial and business acumen. • Ability to negotiate effectively. • Well developed written and verbal communication skills. • Developing staff management abilities.
Internal contacts Senior Management, bid team, Sales and Marketing team, Chief Executives.
External contacts Other parties involved in contract negotiation - e.g. lawyers etc.
Typical experience At least 7 - 10 years experience in a commercial role, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.