- Location: Banyule VIC
- Category: Community Services
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Acting as an escalation point for more complicated functions related to Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable and General Accounting duties, including invoicing, preparation and processing of cheques, payment advice, performing bank reconciliations, compiling debtor statements and statutory returns, performing petty cash reconciliations and preparing related routine documentation and correspondence. • Managing stakeholder expectations and requirements relating to the Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions. • Performing month-end accounting procedures and producing weekly, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly reports as required. • Ensuring compliance to policies/procedures around the maintenance of records of documents processed for ready access and for producing various reports according to operating procedures. • Obtaining authorisation for payment from appropriate personnel, allocating expenditure to the correct budget account and arranging for the drawing of cheques and other forms of payment. • Calculating the costs of proposed expenditure, wages and standard costs.
Key skills • Detailed knowledge of the organisation's accounting procedures related to work performed. • Good understanding of spreadsheets, data analysis and reconciliation procedures. • Strong administrative and procedural skills. • Excellent attention to detail. • Excellent people and stakeholder management skills.
Internal contacts Sales, Marketing, Warehouse & Distribution, Customer Support departments of the organisation.
External contacts Clients, Debt Collecting Agencies.
Typical experience 5 - 7 years related experience and may have, or be undertaking, a formal qualification in accounting.
Other comments Alternative Title: Accounts Payable Team Leader, Accounts Receivable Team Leader. If the primary focus of this role is Accounts Receivable, employees may be involved in Credit Control activities.