- Location: Across: Banyule VIC, Docklands VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Canberra ACT, Sydney Domestic Airport NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Generating income from appeals, trusts, foundations, charitable commissions, donors, bequests and other associated activities. • Maintaining and growing the organisation's database of existing and prospective donors. • Maintaining contact on a regular basis with existing individual and corporate donors. • Researching trusts and foundations seeking funding and, where appropriate, developing and submitting proposals. • Promoting awareness of the organisation's bequest program to both existing and prospective donors. • Ensuring targeted and accurate distribution of the organisation's promotional material. • Assisting with Special Events as required.
Key skills • Proven experience in achieving donation income. • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. • Good organisational and administrative skills. • Displays enthusiasm and innovation.
Internal contacts Management, Finance & Administration Staff, IT Staff, Events Employees.
External contacts Donors (Individual & Corporate), Media, Community Groups, Industry Associations, Government.
Typical experience At least 1 - 2 years experience in fundraising activities. Maybe studying towards, or have completed, relevant tertiary qualifications.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.