- Location: Across: Banyule VIC, Docklands VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Canberra ACT, Sydney Domestic Airport NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Developing and implementing donor communication and retention strategy to engage existing donors to build loyalty and reduce attrition. • Planning and managing the delivery of direct marketing campaigns for existing donors. • Supporting direction, development and delivery of donor acquisition campaigns. • Managing and nurturing relationships with monthly pledge donors. • Evaluating and reporting on direct marketing campaign performance and donor giving activity. • Monitoring and reporting on budgeted income and expenditure to meet targets.
Key skills • Strong organisational and administrative skills. • Good communication skills - both written and verbal. • Persuasive 'selling' skills. • Strong knowledge of database functionality. • Advanced knowledge of Direct Marketing principles.
Internal contacts Fundraising, Public/Community Relations, Management, IT, Finance.
External contacts Suppliers, Industry Associations.
Typical experience At least 5 years experience in Sales/Marketing or fundraising coupled with a Marketing Degree.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.