- Location: Banyule VIC, Docklands VIC
- Category: Community Services
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Managing staff responsible for accounts payable/receivable. • Recommending and initiating changes for procedures and policies. • Overseeing import/export/foreign exchange transactions and inter-company charging. • Processing freight charges. • Ensuring orders are processed and stock levels are maintained. • Cashiering and banking. • Ensuring accuracy of statistical records/returns. • Ensuring accuracy of ledgers. • Coordinating the training and development of administration staff.
Key skills • Proven management and administrative ability. • Organisational and decision-making ability. • Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. • Advanced MS Office skills. • Ability to prioritise individual workload with that of the Team. • Developing supervisory skills. • Ability to work in a team environment.
Internal contacts Divisional Staff, IT Staff, Internal Auditors.
External contacts Suppliers of Business Equipment, Customers/Clients, External Auditors.
Typical experience Will have 5 - 7 years relevant practical experience across a broad spectrum of administrative duties. May have experience in an accounting environment.