- Location: Across: Banyule VIC, Docklands VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Canberra ACT, Sydney Domestic Airport NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Main activities • Directing the development, implementation and ongoing enhancement of organisational processes. • Contributing to the overall business direction and strategy by recommending improvements to customer service. • Preparing and analysing operational and management reports monitoring the effective delivery of organisational KPI's. • Reviewing financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity. Determining areas needing cost reduction and process improvement. • Managing the day to day running of the operations team. • Building relationships between the operations and support divisions and ensuring business units receive adequate operational support. • Ensuring that all customer enquiries are resolved in a timeframe that meets established service level agreements. • Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
Key skills • Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Excellent customer service skills. • Strong negotiation skills. • Ability to develop and implement a system, process or procedure for effective utilisation of resources.
Internal contacts Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Operations team, Corporate Support Functions.
External contacts Suppliers, Clients/Customers.
Typical experience 7 - 10 years of operations experience, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.