- Location: Bentley WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
We provide orientation and ongoing support.
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Organisation to pay for police certificate.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Citizen Advocacy facilitates the development of a one-to-one unpaid friendship between a person with intellectual disability and an individual member of the community. These matches are long term (with some lasting over 30yrs) and bring people with disability into the community where they can flourish and thrive. Each relationship is unique and the hours are flexible.
If you think you could be the friend Greg needs, please contact our office for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, it is NOT suitable for student placements or people wanting to gain experience in the sector. Additionally, we are unable to sign forms for Centrelink purposes.