- Location: Anywhere
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Meetings held every second month
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Note: you will need to be a resident of Victoria to express interest in this volunteer opportunity.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Epworth Healthcare.
Epworth HealthCare’s Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee is looking for a consumer advisor in an ongoing role. In this voluntary position, you will support the committee to ensure that Epworth provides an inclusive workplace and environment where everyone feels valued and respected. You will meet with the committee every second month (via zooms meetings), commencing on 7 December 2020.
Who we are looking for? We are looking for consumers who have used health services as a patient, carer or support person who are:
- from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, living with a disability, from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community or identify with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer community
- able to provide a broad consumer perspective from your lived experience and that of others and/or
- active in their community
About Epworth Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not for profit private hospital group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation at 11 locations across Melbourne and Geelong. At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values.
Sound interesting? Register your interest and we will be in touch.
Applications close 5pm 9 October 2020
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.