- Location: Miranda NSW, Miranda NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
One hour per week for 6-12 months or longer.
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
All HammondCare volunteers receive training and ongoing support from an on-site Volunteer Coordinator.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Do you love the spoken word? The sound of beautiful poetry? Share your love of reading with people who have dementia and may no longer be able to read themselves. It may be your favourite book, poetry by Banjo Paterson, newspaper or journals. Let your imagination soar as you volunteer your time. You'll love this role if you enjoy speaking for a period of time, and you have clear diction.
Why HammondCare? Volunteering at HammondCare is a great experience for you, and a great way to make a difference for people in need. You’ll find that as you meet new people, make new friends and face new challenges, you’ll gain personal satisfaction and have fun. HammondCare is located at 19 Kiama Street, Miranda.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a national police check which HammondCare will organise and pay for.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have additional criteria
- You will need to be aged between 18 and 79 years old
- Provide proof of your current flu vaccination - or be willing to have the flu vaccination prior to starting
- Be prepared to wear a face mask for all visits
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering. All enquiries welcome
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.