- Location: Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mental Health
One hour per week/fortnight.
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Companionship & Social Support
You will have support and guidance at every step of this journey, via telephone, video and email, as well as meetings with your mentor.
We currently have positions available for men to receive Free support from our professionally trained mentors in South West Sydney.
Are you ready to develop your skills, confidence and feel motivated to overcome challenges in your life? Are you looking for ways to reduce or manage your stress?
What is Mentoring Men?
Mentoring Men is a registered Australian not for profit organisation which provides Free life mentoring programs for adult men in the community. We carefully match you with another adult male, who is trained to listen, support and help you as your mentor to find meaning, hope and identify your goals in life. All men regardless of their background or beliefs are welcome to sign up.
Benefits of becoming a Mentee:
In these strange times, many men are experiencing anxiety, helplessness, job insecurity, low self-esteem, relationship troubles and other life challenges. Research suggests that one third of men regularly feel lonely.
Our program can help to reduce loneliness and help men stay socially connected. This is important, particularly now that so many of us are physically distancing due to COVID-19.
Mentoring Men can connect you with another male with whom you can trust and chat with about your challenges. Our mentors can also provide constructive feedback and help you take your skills and career to a higher standard. A mentor can make a real difference in your life.
As part of the program, you will have access to
- Regular one-on-one mentoring sessions with your mentor
- Invites to online forums, workshops on specific topics
- Events such as Men's Breakfasts, Walk and Talks, Gatherings etc
- The chance to become a Mentor in future
- A desire to improve your life and commit to the program
- An open mind to consider changing your thinking and behaviour
- Be available to meet with your mentor as part of the agreement
- A genuine desire to set and achieve goals
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, a mentoring relationship can be pursued via various modes of communication such as face to face, telephone, e-mails and video conferencing.
Our program is open to all men Australia-wide and not limited to the stated location.