- Location: Mount Gravatt QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Volunteers are required to attend a meeting once a month. Please note, if you live a considerable distance from the meeting location, you will need facilities to join the meeting remotely using a computer.
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
Volunteers will be required to complete online induction modules.
A life changing experience!
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at the Brisbane South Branch are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join Make-A-Wish as the branch secretary. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
As the branch secretary your main focus will be to:
- Maintaining minutes of branch meetings
- Meeting Agenda
- Sharing meeting minutes
As well as getting involved in other branch activities, such as:
- Raising awareness in their local communities
- Fundraising and supporting local families
- Attending home visits to capture a sick child's true wish
- Helping bring the wish to life through all the stages of the Wish Journey
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. You have the opportunity to:·
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you wish-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.