- Location: Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
Minimum 2 years Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club LT meetings. Must be available evenings and weekends.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Sport & Physical Activity
Relevant to the role
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Special Olympics is a global inclusion movement using sports, health, education and leadership programs everyday around the world to end discrimination against and empower people with intellectual disability.Special Olympics provides weekly sports training lifestyle programs and competition opportunities for people with intellectual disability.
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in administration support to become the Club Membership Officer.
The Club Membership Officer will assist the Club in meeting its ongoing accreditation compliance requirements and will be responsible for implementing agreed process improvements where necessary.
The role will be responsible for the implementation of strategies to deliver sustainable growth in membership whilst improving engagement levels across the existing member group of the Club. Additionally, the role will provide essential support to athletes and volunteers within the Club.
- Assist the Club LT in the Accreditation Process
- Coordinate the registration of all existing athletes, coaches and volunteers
- Assist in the registration of new members
- Provide ongoing administration support to the Club LT as required
- Responsible for delivering growth in athlete numbers
- Develop volunteer program to meet the ongoing needs of the Club
- Oversee compliance of all members (new and existing) with regards to registration, medicals and code of conduct
- Compliance with all WH&S legislation and SOA WH&S Policy
Essential: • Previous administration or office support experience within a comparable organisation
Desirable: • Experience with the Special Olympics Australia accreditation process for Clubs • Previous experience with a sporting organisation
Competencies / Skills required: • Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and influence others • Excellent organisation, administration and communication skills • The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks • Computer literacy skills and competent with using a database • A positive and enthusiastic approach with a high degree of pro-activity
Time Availability: Minimum 2 years Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club LT meetings.
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Location: Adelaide, SA
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organization and conducts relevant checks including reference checks as a part of volunteer screening
Please forward a copy of your resume to the email below.
Applications close 1 November 2020