- Location: Port Douglas QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Wednesday 9.00am to 2.00pm
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job training with `food safety’, instruction & support to complete a food safety course.
- Working with Children Check *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Volunteer Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption will be applied for on behalf of the Volunteer once they have been approved.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We aim to provide a free meal to community members once a week and approximately 40 meals are prepared. There is a maximum of 3 people rostered each Wednesday with one designated `lead’ cook who liaises with the CDO regarding the menu for the lunch.
The lead will shop and coordinate the Kitchen with the support of two other volunteers.
A commitment from 9am – 2pm (approx.). Roster is rotated.