- Location: Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Sydney NSW, Brisbane City QLD, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
15 hours per week, across five days.
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
Social media content creation Brand voice and personality Hootsuite, Canva
JOY 94.9 – Australia’s LGBTIQA+ community media organisation is located in Melbourne, streaming live around the world. JOY exists to make Australia a more inclusive place to live by providing a multimedia platform and enabler for change. To continue to build our diversity and inclusivity JOY encourages Rainbow community members and our allies to apply for this position.
Joyous- a celebration of diversity, talent, music and entertainment Inclusive- a safe and supportive environment for all members of the LGBTIQA+ community Courageous- a way to change lives by speaking out, sharing stories and challenging boundaries
We are looking for two talented Social Media managers to administer the social media accounts for our -recently launched- weekdays shows JOY Breakfast (7am – 9am) and JOY Drive (4pm – 6pm). You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers, shaping the shows image in a cohesive way to achieve our communication goals. As a Social Media Manager, we require you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, with excellent communication skills and the ability and desire to promote JOY shows content creatively.
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for the shows, in collaboration with JOY Breakfast and JOY Drive producers, presenters and JOY’s Content Coordinator.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of social media content for the shows and ensure JOY brand’s consistency.
- Work with JOY’s Communications Manager to create and implement social media strategies.
- • Ensure JOY shows’ brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology.
- Manage social media interaction with listeners and followers, monitoring and reporting on feedback and online reviews.
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, etc.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated social media management experience, with particular knowledge of community media or independent media.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and graphic design tools such as Canva.
- Graphic design knowledge is desired but not mandatory.
- High level of engagement in LGBTIQA+ communities’ activities and conversation.
- Empathy, sensitivity and understanding of LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Passionate about building a more inclusive Australia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note: all JOY Volunteers are required to maintain a current financial Membership of JOY Melbourne Inc. for insurance, governance, compliance and communications purposes. Memberships start at $42/year.
Please note - you do not need to complete the "gender" question when applying. All people who are committed to an inclusive Australia are welcome to apply.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.