- Location: Western Australia WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
6-8 hours per week
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Counselling & Help Line
- Tutoring & Coaching
• Refrain from raising their own political or religious beliefs and imposing these on other stakeholders when representing the organisation
• Willingness to become skilled in the relevant software programs required to perform role
• To support the mission and values of On My Feet
On My Feet transforms lives. We are a distinctly Australian organisation which uses education and exercise to support homeless individuals to discover their inner champion by building self-respect, a sense of purpose and ultimately self-sufficiency.
As a Job Readiness and Leadership Coach, you will be a passionate and dedicated role model to inspire and encourage vulnerable individuals to maximise their potential. You will be directly involved in the development and delivery of a series of workshops which aim to ready participants to successfully enter/return to the workplace.
Key areas for the workshops:
• Strength identification
• Goal planning
• Career planning
• Workplace culture
• Job market outlook
• Job interview training
• Resume/LinkedIn profile development
• Role modelling
Additionally, you will be working with program partners and other key stakeholders to provide suitable workplace opportunities.
The location and day of the sessions are yet to be confirmed, but will likely occur in the Fremantle area or surrounding suburbs. Please note that On My Feet does not have a registered office in Perth. All volunteer work can be completed at home or at an agreed location amongst the team.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Able to work with people from different backgrounds and understand their differing perspectives.
• Able to inspire and encourage vulnerable people to maximise their potential
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Strong relationship management skills • Personal & professional approach • Able to leverage contacts in the industry to organise guest speakers and employment opportunities • Energetic and confident • Self-motivated
• Trustworthy & reliable
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
There are no formal qualifications required for this role, however, experience in human resources, recruitment, organisational leadership or work culture dynamics is preferred. We welcome applicants with differing backgrounds where the required skills detailed above can be demonstrated.
If this role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you - please click the 'Apply' or 'Express Interest' button.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.