- Location: Anywhere
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
online ad hoc arrangement. Time required to be discussed with volunteer.
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Induction into the organisation
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Beryl Women Inc was established in 1975 and is the longest running refuge in Australia. Beryl Women Inc. operates within a feminist framework and aims to empower women and children to live a life free from violence and abuse. We provide professional, accountable, trauma-informed specialist DV services which are based in social justice and feminist principles and recognise and foster cultural diversity. Beryl provides short term, low cost crisis housing to women and their children who are homeless due to domestic violence. The service is staffed by trained experienced workers and includes women from Indigenous and culturally diverse backgrounds. Assistance and advocacy is offered to support women and their children and to meet individual needs. Beryl is mostly funded and supported by a combination of funding from the Federal and ACT Governments, and also receives many generous contributions from the Canberra community.
• Help create and maintain a social media plan • Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of Beryl Women Inc. • Moderate comments and address any inappropriate comments promptly • Stay up to date on topics important to Beryl Women Inc. in order to share the information with our online community • Keep Beryl Women Inc. social media channels updated regularly • Encourage others to comment on our posts and share them with others • Ensure communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audiences • Develop and manage content for social media • Select relevant channels to reach our diverse audiences • Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward • Test content and review its impact • Keep up to date with Beryl Women Inc. content, events and news, and choose what to promote through social media • Liaise with volunteer manager to develop the social media strategy and agree a way forward
Skills we are looking for:
• An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media. • Able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to feedback accurately • Strong interpersonal skills • Experience using, navigating and leveraging social media channels • Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook etc. • Good understanding of confidentiality and sensitivity to political issues • Great judgement and attention to detail • The ability to work unsupervised • An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues relating to Beryl Women Inc. • Available to commit to a maximum of 16 hours per week, there are opportunities for ongoing engagement. What support will you be provided to perform the role • An induction to the organisation • Regular updates from the Manager of the volunteer program for Beryl Women. • Regular management/ coordination and/or supervision, including meetings from the Beryl volunteer manager/coordinator
• Already obtained or the ability to obtain a Working with Vulnerable People Card Location of work • Majority of the work would be conducted remotely, there may be some visits to board meetings if required.
What are the benefits of being a social media volunteer?
• Development of communication skills • PR and marketing experience • Social media development skills • Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of Beryl Women Inc. • References to add to your CV • Increase your confidence and gain new skills • Understanding of a not-for-profit organisation • Will receive a letter of reference after a successful term of volunteering • Be a valued part of Beryl Women Inc. by helping us to achieve our vision
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.