- Location: Mount Waverley VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Weekly, on Monday and/or Wednesday afternoons.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction, ongoing supervision and opportunities for professional development.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Please quote reference AT-AUGUST-68
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Uniting Victoria and Tasmania.
Uniting are seeking volunteers to host the following trivia groups:
- Monday – 1.00pm - 2.00pm - Trivia Pursuit
- Monday – 3.30 – 4.30pm - Toughest Trivia Challenge
- Wednesday – 3.30 – 4.30pm - TeleFeud
This opportunity will appeal to a personable and engaging volunteer with an interest in trivia and general knowledge to facilitate telephone trivia challenge.
The role provides scope for the applicant to play an active and creative role in contributing to the content of the programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Host “Trivia” TeleLink session of your choice each week and get our participants cognitively engaged
- As the trivia master, you will be responsible for creating the weekly questions
- As the host, create a fun atmosphere while asking the questions
Uniting is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, volunteering with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement in any service or undertaking.