- Location: Fremantle WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
10-15 hours per week
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
• Refrain from raising their own political or religious beliefs and imposing these on other stakeholders when representing the organisation
• Willingness to become skilled in the relevant software programs required to perform role
• To support the mission and values of On My Feet
On My Feet transforms lives. We are a distinctly Australian organisation which uses education and exercise to support homeless individuals. Our Footsteps Program is a six-month self-development course for up to 15 chosen participants who are experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness. During the program, participants undertake weekly educational workshops exploring positive physical and mental health, goal setting, strength identification, leadership and role modelling. Concurrently to these weekly workshops, participants train with On My Feet every week to improve their physical well-being and running ability.
The Program Coordinator will:
• Oversee the coordination and strategical direction of the project
• Plan the logistics and resourcing of program workshops and training sessions
• Manage and evaluate the program relative to the agreed upon outcomes
• Manage and collaborate with the direct reports
• Assist the Recruitment Coordinators with the recruitment and selection of Footsteps participants.
• Monitor and support the Footsteps participants' performance and wellbeing
• Attend weekly workshops and/or trainings to build effective participant relationships
• Build and maintain ongoing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. the relevant shelters, guest speakers, program sponsors etc.
• Oversee and assist in curriculum development where necessary
• Enhance fundraising activities and apply for grant funding
• Oversee the execution of an agreed Media & Marketing plan for the program
• Attend quarterly meetings with the extended Leadership Team
• Communicate and report back to the Groups and Programs Manager/ Executive Director
Personal Skills & Abilities:
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Decision-making skills
• Reliable & trustworthy
• Able to work with individuals from different backgrounds and understand their differing perspectives
• Able to inspire and encourage vulnerable individuals to maximise their potential
On My Feet does not have a registered office so all volunteer work can be completed at home or at an agreed upon location amongst the team.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
No specific qualifications are required for this role, however, any background and experience that demonstrates the required skills detailed above, is preferred.
If this role sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you - please click the 'Apply' or 'Express Interest' button.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.