- Location: Mount Gravatt QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Minimum 4 hours per week. Monday - Wednesday - during business hours.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Companionship & Social Support
- Working with Children Check *
Skills and attributes required for the role include:
- High level of computer skills
- Ability to engage with vulnerable members of the community from diverse backgrounds
- Patience and the ability to work with people with differing needs and abilities relating to computers
- An interest in developing skills and knowledge around community services
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
About the Project
The Housing Options Practical Employment (HOPE) Project supports vulnerable members of the community and those who are experiencing, or are at risk of homelessness – through:
- Providing support, information and referral for housing related issues
- Support to secure and maintain employment
- Access to computers and digital literacy training
- Providing access to showers, laundry and meals
The project will operate out of ‘Bernie’s Place’, which is a newly renovated community space in the building next door to the Mount Gravatt Community Centre.
About the Position
The Computer Skills Mentor will be working directly with clients of the Hope Project – to develop basic digital literacy skills and confidence, which will assist them on their identified pathways to employment or education.
This may include:
Providing one-on-one support to clients around basic computer / smartphone / tablet operation
Working with the client to identify goals and digital literacy requirements and developing a support plan
Help with navigating websites (eg. My Gov, Centrelink, seek, indeed etc.)
Setting up email accounts and demonstrating use of programs such as zoom, skype etc.
Provide tailored assistance in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.