- Location: Mount Gravatt QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Minimum 4 hours per week. Monday - Wednesday - during business hours.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Companionship & Social Support
- Working with Children Check *
Skills and attributes required for the role include:
• High level of computer skills
• Strong understanding of Australian workplace practices and culture
• Confidence around creating CVs, cover letters and application processes
• Ability to engage with vulnerable members of the community from diverse backgrounds
• A desire to expand one's knowledge and skills related to community services
• Willingness to work as part of a team.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
About the Project
The Housing Options Practical Employment (HOPE) Project supports vulnerable members of the community and those experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness – through:
- Providing support, information and referral for housing related issues
- Support to secure and maintain employment
- Access to computers and digital literacy training
- Providing access to showers, laundry and meals
The project will operate out of ‘Bernie’s Place’, which is a newly renovated community space in the building next door to the Mount Gravatt Community Centre.
About the Position
The Employment Support Mentor will be working directly with clients of the Hope Project – to build confidence and skills in relation to employment / education goals.
This may include:
- Working with individual clients to identify strengths / career goals and developing an employment pathway plan
- Practical assistance to create or revise CVs and cover letters
- Assistance with online job searches and lodging applications
- Job interview skills and practice
- Educating clients on Australian workplace practices and culture
- Identifying barriers to employment and providing support and referrals to other MGCCI or external programs
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.