- Location: Perth WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Five hours per week and a monthly meeting.
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
To articulate and direct the operations of the league in conjunction with the other members of the board. Further to provide advice to the Executive on the implementation of strategic goals of the league.
The Director of the League’s primarily oversees the operation of the Executive and the league. The Director of the league’s main oversight is the Chair of the Board and the board itself.
- To articulate a strategic plan for the Executive to implement
- Scrutinise and pass the league’s operational budget
- Direct the executive in their duties and ensure satisfactory performance
- Authorise payments of the Executive for their services in relation to the league outside of adjudicating, presenting and reimbursements.
- Provide appropriate advice on financial, legal and management matters to the Executive.
- Being able to extensively communicate with other portfolios
- Being organised
- Management experience
- Passion for spreading educational opportunities
- Passion for community service
- Please note the league’s board strives to be representative of the community while also ensuring complementary skills. The following may be considered as preferred but not essential
○Legal expertise ○ Financial or Accounting Expertise ○ Corporate or charity experience ○ Education experience ○ League experience
- The league will also strive for open and balanced representation in gender and other characteristics.
- Previous board experience
● 5 hours per week (minimum of monthly board meetings)
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.