- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Camberwell VIC, Banyule VIC, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
10 hours per week/fortnight (Negotiable)
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tasks and duties
- Planning and prioritising work schedule and budget for design creation and production.
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts.
- Using a variety of software to produce aesthetically pleasing and technically optimised designs.
- Writing and modifying programming code.
- Formulating and modifying designs to fulfil initial brief and any further client requests.
- Articulating, presenting and discussing ideas with stakeholders.
Web Designers interact with computers daily, sometimes working with programming code, and utilise a mixture of creative thought and technical processes to fulfil their design briefs. They work within teams in many different industries where there is a significant digital requirement.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.