- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, Brisbane City QLD, Canberra ACT, Perth WA, Adelaide SA, Hobart TAS, Darwin NT, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Whilst all contributions are helpful, Make Your Change is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute ~4 hours a week over the first 2 weeks to help with on-boarding and any systems training. Contributions after the initial on-boarding can be more flexible.
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
A positive, “can-do” attitude with a willingness to help advance the environmental movement and positively promote the Make Your Change organisation.
Attention to detail.
Organisation skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Make Your Change is seeking Community Advocates who can positively promote the organisation and its campaigns to help increase brand visibility, awareness, and engagement.
- We have a variety of roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic team players that support the vision will be preferred.
What your contribution could look like, and where we need your help:
- Generate positive “buzz” and increase brand awareness by sharing MYC content to attract engagement from like-minded people.
- Assist with our fundraising effort by promoting MYC’s official crowdfunding campaign and seeking donations.
- Share with MYC your experiences from attending third-party actions and events that are promoted on our platform.
- Identify suggestions for improvement through testing and auditing MYC’s and other third-party organisations’ platforms.
- Road-test real life climate action solutions and report back your experience, lessons learnt, and recommendations for how they could be made easier to do.
- ...and many other opportunities that support the creation and growth of an open source movement.
To succeed in the role, you should have:
- A desire to be part of an organisation focused on climate change action.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude with a willingness to work with a team of passionate volunteers.
- Ability to work independently to help get the important stuff done.
- Openness to learning and trying new things.
- Organisation skills, with an ability to communicate progress, and stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Whilst not essential, it would be super nice if you had:
- Social media or digital marketing experience.
- Fundraising or crowdfunding experience.
- Experience with work management tools, such as ClickUp, Asana, Trello.
Before you apply:
- Have you looked at our website and read our About Us page yet?