- Location: Scarborough WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
Various shifts available Monday to Sunday 9-1 or 1-4, or all day shifts available
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Fundraising & Events
Induction and on the job training
- National Police Certificate *
Police Check required - performed by Save the Children.
All training will be provided but volunteers will need to:
- Be fun and friendly
- Be able to help customers and chat to them
- Accept donations brought to the shop
- Clean and maintain tidy shop display areas and merchandise
- Restock merchandise as required
- Finalise sales and undertake daily financial procedures
- Participate in relevant training and meetings
- Apply safe workplace practices
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Why volunteer with us? It’s fun. Whether it’s dressing a shop window, serving and chatting with our customers while you tell them about the fabulous items we sell, or sorting stock in the backroom, there’s a great social aspect to volunteering. You’ll be part of a great team. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, they are of all ages, friendly and dedicated, and just waiting to welcome you as part of our brilliant team.
You’ll be making a difference. The work that you do will be helping change the lives of children. All profits from our store support vulnerable kids here in Australia and overseas through programs that keep them healthy, in school and protected from abuse.
Who are we looking for? If you’re punctual, reliable and honest, all you need is a willingness to learn. This is a great opportunity if you’re seeking retail work experience, recently retired or looking to meet some new people. We’ll show you what to do and provide all the training you’ll need. Before you know it, you’ll be part of the team, having fun while doing something you can be proud of. All our stores are run by dedicated volunteers, so we are seeking like minded individuals to help Save the Children