- Location: Pendle Hill NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Minimum of 1 hour per week Weekdays&/or weekends during business hours
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Male Volunteer required for Aged Care Facility Visits
- Location: Pendle Hill
- 1 hour per week, minimum 6 month commitment
- Monday to Sunday within business hours
- Please note, due to the situation with COVID-19 Coronavirus, Governments have put restrictions in place to protect residents and workers in residential aged care facilities. In order to visit a residential aged care facility, you must provide evidence that you have received the influenza vaccination in 2020. Please see the Role Description for further information.
The program Red Cross supports elderly members of the community to be more independent, to improve their wellbeing and social connection, and to remain living in their local community. We do this by matching volunteers with an older person who lives in aged care or at home and experiences social isolation.
The opportunity This role suits someone over the age of 18 who is a good listener and can commit to one hour a week for a social visit to older persons living in their home or residential aged care facilities.
The impact As a Community Visitor Volunteer, you’ll brighten the life of someone suffering vulnerability by offering them company and friendship. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
For more information, please contact Alice Anderson on (02) 9290 8933.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.