- Location: Fairfield NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
One hour per week/fortnight.
- People with disability
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Companionship & Social Support
All our mentors attend our specialised training course, as well as the Lifeline Accidental Counsellor course at no cost to them.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We currently have positions available for men to be professionally trained to support other Men in our community.
What is Mentoring Men?
Mentoring Men is a non-for-profit organisation offering Free one-on-one life mentoring programs, where you will support other men through life’s challenges. We seek to provide non-judgemental support for all men who experiencing a range of issues, such as helplessness, loss, depression, job troubles, relationship issues and other life challenges.
Mentoring Men carefully matches men who seek a mentor with a professionally trained, non-judgmental confidant (a Mentor) whose primary objective is to listen, support and encourage.
The role of Mentor includes
- Meeting regularly with your assigned Mentee
- Attending regular mentor support group sessions.
To be a mentor you must..
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a desire to improve the lives of others and commit to the program
- Be available to meet with your mentee (online/physically) as part of the agreement
- Have a Working with Children's Check and National Police Certificate
Please note: Our program is Australia-wide and is not limited by the stated locations