- Location: Margaret River WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Negotiable any day Monday to Friday 8am to 1pm
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
Induction training provided and on an ongoing basis.
- National Police Certificate *
- Heavy Lifting
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Able to work effectively with others, as the role may occasionally have the
assistance of an offsider that will require supervision and training.
• Good knowledge of local area.
• Demonstrated experience driving a van and managing the maintenance
requirements of vehicles.
• Ability to move household furniture with the aid of furniture hand trolley.
• Ability to safely pack goods in van.
• Year 10 education or higher.
• Must be physically fit, as the role will involve lifting and moving furniture.
. Would suit experienced drivers with a clean record, ideally up to the age of 70
years. Vinnies volunteer delivery drivers are obliged to disclose any existing
or mental condition that may preclude them from fulfilling the role of delivery driver.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a Vinnies volunteer, you are a change-maker, leaving a positive mark on your community. Key Responsibilities • Collect donated goods and deliver them to the relevant Distribution Centre and/or Shop in accordance with the Daily Suburb Schedule. • Deliver goods in response to welfare requests. • Load and unload assigned van at the Distribution Centre and/or Shop. • Maintain cleanliness of assigned van and conduct a weekly check of tyre pressure, oil levels and water levels. • Ensure assigned van is serviced in accordance with the servicing schedule. • Strictly observe occupational safety and health requirement at all times. • On occasion work alongside, supervise and train a delivery offsider.