- Location: Christie Downs SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
30 minutes once a week on any day to suit the volunteer.
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Companionship & Social Support
Comprehensive induction, orientation and ongoing training
All out of pocket costs including travel to and from volunteering
- National Police Certificate *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This role is best suited to a female volunteer who is able to speak fluent Greek via the phone to an older Greek speaking gent once a week to give him the opportunity to talk with someone in his own language .The role is purely phone based.
St John Ambulance Community Care SA is a well-respected and trusted volunteer service that has supported older people throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area for 30 years.
Volunteers make a real and heartfelt difference in the lives of older people who have identified that they would benefit from greater social interaction in their life while remaining a valued participant in community and society. Volunteers are carefully matched with the older person they visit to ensure it is fun, meaningful and rewarding.
Please note: During Covid-19 restrictions, each client is assessed in line with the latest Covid-19 advice from SA Health. St John provides all necessary Covid-19 protection measures for volunteers to practice as an added safeguard and upholds all of its required health and funding obligations.
Police Certificate (Provided by the organisation free of charge).