- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
4 - 8 hours per week.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Position Type: Volunteer Start Date: 3 August 2020 Application Deadline: 22 July 2020
Send us your CV Send an email attaching your CV to with the subject line ‘Community Partnerships Manager Application – [Your Name]', with a few sentences about why you want to apply for the role.
Anika is a rapidly growing organisation of 55 volunteers, so it's likely this role will evolve as we grow. Our culture is of the highest priority to us, and we value the right people over experience. If you meet some of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to apply!
THE OPPORTUNITY Build and lead Anika’s newly established Community Partnerships Team
- Be entrusted to establish the organisation’s first community partnership strategy after the success of our pilot and first demonstrable social impact.
- Significantly assist a start-up charity to develop critical long-term partnerships, overall impact, and improve coherence in the legal assistance sector.
- Join an organisation with a young, dynamic team and strong focus on mentorship and development.
THE ROLE You will lead and build the Community Partnerships Team while creating and executing Anika’s first community partnership strategy As Community Partnerships Manager, you will report to the CEO and be responsible for:
- Establishing the team’s strategy, goals, and roadmap in line with organisational objectives.
- Managing and motivating the Community Partnerships Team to achieve its goals.
- Developing and managing all relationships with community partners to build long term, mutually beneficial partnerships through referral programs and cross-promotion.
For the right candidate, this role can also be adapted to involve a focus on your particular area of interest within the partnerships space and/or can include the following responsibilities:
- Developing Anika’s overarching partnerships strategy which extends to corporate, community, university, and philanthropic partnerships.
- Responsibility for managing relationships with all partners including community and philanthropic organisations, corporate partners, universities, and government departments.
The role is expected to involve 4-8 hours of work per week, but we support our team members having other commitments and understand flexibility is needed from time to time.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? A collaborative, professional individual who can establish strong relationships, and engage and influence Ideally, you will have:
- Professional experience in a nonprofit, especially in a community legal centre.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills.
- A desire to develop your stakeholder relationship management skills and build your personal network in the not-for-profit sector.
- A desire to gain experience working in a tech start-up, social enterprise, and charity, in the not-for-profit sector.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.