- Location: Across: Osborne Park WA, Burswood WA, Murdoch WA, Craigie WA, Ashby WA, West Perth WA, City Beach WA, Joondanna WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
We provide orientation and ongoing support.
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Organisation to pay for police certificate.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Citizen Advocacy establishes one-to-one advocacy friendships between caring community members and people with intellectual disability who may be lonely and at risk.
As a citizen advocate you would take a interest in what the person does, help them engage in their local community and ensure that their life runs that bit smoother.
No specific qualifications are needed, just a strong sense of social justice and willingness to make a difference.
Training and ongoing support will be provided.
If this sounds like the role for you, please contact us to find out more.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role, it is NOT suitable for student placements or people wanting to gain experience in the sector. Additionally, we are unable to sign forms for Centrelink purposes.